Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Armored Core Alicia Unsung - revised

Here's another completed project - Armored Core Alicia Unsung. I had this kit during the early days of my plastic modeling hobby and to tell you honestly, I wasn't really happy with the output. So I decided to apply some techniques I recently learned.
Here's the image of the old Alicia Unsung - Assembled and added with a little touch of dry brushing for a weathered look. It looked nice for me way back then and I think that was my best at that time. A few model kits later, I learned more tips from seasoned artists and I decided to tear this kit apart.

For this model kit, I used the following items:
- Air Brush
- Vallejo Grey Primer
- Vallejo Ferrari Red - whole color scheme
- Vallejo Black Metal - for the weapons
- Vallejo Chrome - weapon detail/highlights
- Tamiya Gold Leaf - body highlights
- Vallejo Rust - details and highlights
- Winsor and Newton Ivory Black and Vandyke Brown - for Washes
- Winsor and Newton Galleria Gloss Varnish for top coat.

I also learned a very important lesson here:
Patience is key. Always remember that an artwork should never be rushed. 
A few years ago, I was excited to finish more model kits in a short span of time. Little did I know that I won't be satisfied with the outcome up to a point where I will not be proud enough to display my work on the display cabinet.
I took Alicia Unsung from its 2-year slumber and I immediately know what to do. I cleaned all the parts thoroughly and I did not stop until I was satisfied. It took me roughly 2 weeks just to clean up the parts and the reward was great - a seamless paint job.

So here's the finished product - the Revised Armored Core Alicia Unsung.

Thank you for viewing, 'til next update!


Hello! Just want to ask how did you cover the seam lines. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...