Sunday, December 11, 2011

Commissioned Work 01 - The Couples Gundam - a Year-End Project


How about some commissioned work?

HobbyOwYeah is back...again! This time, I'll be doing some commissioned work. For my very first com-work, the client requested for a wedding gift...pretty much like a "couples" Gunpla and the first thing that came into my creative mind was the Nobel Gundam and the God Gundam from Mobile Fighter G Gundam series. However, upon my last visit to BestToys (which was nearby), only the Shining Gundam was available. The client wasn't an avid fan of the Gundam thing so I think he wouldn't mind. I showed him the concept design and he liked it. However the timeline was too quick. So I'm going to halt whatever I was working on my worktable and target to finish this com-work before the end of 2011.

Let's begin!

First stop. I have the box arts of the 1/144 HG Nobell Gundam.

(I think the Nobell Gundam resembles the clients' wife... no, not the appearance, but rather the Berserker Mode! LOL)

*Ahem*

Kidding aside....
Here's the box art of the Shining Gundam, another HG 1/144 scale.
I chose to start with the soon-to-be bride Gundam. Most of the previous Gunpla I did looked like a male humanoid bot. The Nobell's got the feminine touch.

Some interesting stuff about the Nobell Gundam:
- No Polycaps!
- The runners looked like the ones in Real Grade system minus the internal Frame!
Construction of body..

Flat chested?
Done.
Construction of the Head.

Done.

So far so good!
Arms.

Shoulder Armor.

Completed Right Arm.
Left Arm of Peace!
Nice!

Shoes!!!

Definitely a ladies' shoe!
Sexy!



Legs

Completed leg.


Skirt armor pieces.


And the Wife is done!

Next stop, the Husband!
Now we are back to the classic HG. The Shining Gundam has polycaps, extra hands, and the Beam Sabers...
To begin with, the instruction manual started with the Core Lander.

Torso..


Done.
Head.

Another first from an HG design. The Shining Gundam kit includes two Heads! One Basic head and one for the Shining Mode. Nice!
Shoulder armors..

Some arm weaponry...

Feet. I liked the parts separation for this feet. Other HG feet includes approx 4 parts. (Sole, top, polycap, and ankle armor). The Shining Gundam has 8 parts!
Nice!




Legs.
A Completed Leg.

Skirt Armor.
And we're basically done snap-fitting.

Upon completion, the client requested for another Gundam. He saw a completed PG Strike Gundam with the Grand Slam and wanted to make this Shining Gundam a loser. So the new design includes 3 kits, wherein the third one will be a Real Grade Strike Gundam. It's Striker pack will not be included, and I will be scratch building a custom Grand Slam.

Til next update!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...