Thursday, December 22, 2011

1/60 Strike Gundam - Striker Weapon System

   
Christmas Gift for myself...and it's BIG!

I have another Big scale here. I saw the review from GundamPH's blog and I immediately began hunting this beast. Four months later (yesterday), I was lucky enough to find a Christmas present for myself.

This is the 1/60 Strike Gundam - Striker Weapon System. A Strike gundam with three available configurations, namely - Aile Strike, Sword Strike and Launcher Strike from the Gundam Seed Series piloted by Kira Yamato. I like the simplicity of the Strike Gundam as it has the capability to be configured as Close combat, Long range and Air support.

So as soon as I got home, I immediately put away all current WIPs and began unboxing this monster.

This is the Launcher Strike config...
...the Sword Strike.,. (notice the length of the sword...whew!)
..and my favorite config, the Aile Strike...

It sounded like "Air Strike" for me. As for my own opinion, I think the Japanese pips who designed this Gundam must have been trying so hard in speaking it's English name. Hence...Aile..

I noticed that the wingspan of the Aile Strike pack was kinda....short..
Box contents.
- a massive colored manual,
- the box was divided into two sections, one side has runners for the Strike gundam, the other side for its weapons...
- Foil Stickers
- Polycaps.. big ones
- ...no decals??
To begin., I started with the torso...
Here's the main Core with the pilot's seat.
...
..insert the core...
..add a hatch..


Front torso parts...



...and we're done with the torso.
Head parts..
Done! ..(that was fast)
Shoulder joints...


...shoulder armors.
..make two of these,..
and then....


forearm.. pretty interesting as it's got something that looks like internal frames..
..armor on..
make two of these...

..halfway!

so far so good!
Skirt armor parts...


Side skirt pieces... for the Armor Schneider..
completed skirt..
..on to the legs...



leg and ankle...
make two of these...

..add the thigh...
shoes.. I mean feet...  The over all design looked kinda flat... much like a clown's shoes...
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssseeee Gundaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!
Strike Complete...


...I missed one hand!
Let alone the hand for now.. I'm excited to build the Aile Back pack...



Here are the top wings...
AHA! Just as I thought! It's size was very similar to a 1/100 scale! Boo points for BanDai...

I'm going to modify this wing and make it look like a PG..or at least with details of a Real Grade,..

..soon
But for now.,I'll proceed with the build...



Beam sabers..
Back pack completed... It really is big..
That's all for now..
My Bed is calling me.. zzzz...zzzZZz.z.ZzZzzz

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...