Monday, August 20, 2012

Warhammer Figures: New Addition to my Collection


Looks like the S-Gundam will take a time-out. My wife and I found something interesting today. This is a Warhammer 40,000 paint set, a basic starter kit! I always wanted to try one of these and today I got lucky. Let's see what's inside the box!

The box contains five Warhammer figures. I'm not yet familiar with the character names as I haven't seen much of them except from the PSP game. But they look pretty much like the Marines from Starcraft.
At the back of the box you'll see more information such as the paint needed to color the figures, box contents, and... a price tag.
Here's the Manual.
It contains information on how to paint the figures as well.
This is the runner. All Space marines were molded in good detail but I'll be expecting a lot of mold lines here. Better get my sand papers ready.
Here's a close-up of the details. Everything looks sharp!

This will be the base of each figure.
And the more interesting part - the paint included in the kit. Citadel is the brand and this will be my first time using such paint.
I believe this is an Acrylic type judging by the scent of the paint.
Primer!
Panel wash! Now this is really an interesting kit! The only thing I will need is a Plastic Cement. I have one from my Gundam plastic modeling kit. So I think everything is ready.

Brush was included as well. Based from the size of the tip, I think this is a '0' brush...it is fine and good for detail painting.
Since my wife and I will be working on this project together, she opened her art-vault and shared her "weapons". She's got more powerful arsenal than what I got! And this got me more excited.

So here's the game plan. I'll be working on at least 2 figures...maybe 3. She'll be working on two. I will use Vallejo paint, and she may use the Citadel ones.

The sequence will be like this:
1. Snapfit/Assembly
2. Sanding/Cleaning
3. Primer
4. Painting/Detailing
5. Finishing
6. Display base (yes, we will be designing a little diorama base for our Space Marines!)

Stay tuned for more updates!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...