Friday, November 23, 2012

Upcoming GunPla kits for 2013 - Prepare your Wallet!

So many Gundams. So little time... While I'm still waiting to get my hands on the recently released MG Aegis Gundam and RG Zeta Gundam, Bandai announced their upcoming model kits for 2013. Based from what I saw, it's going to be another exciting plastic-modeling-wallet-emptying year for me. I've got my eye on a couple of units and I've listed them here (as a wishlist). Credits to GundamGuy for the images.

First up, the HG 1/144 Astray Blue Frame 2nd Rev.
Astray Gundam designs are cool...at least for me. I got the MG 1/100 version - my 2nd MG- of the Blue frame sometime in 2010. I really liked the overall design esp. the Tactical Arms (that huge sword thing). But for an HG version, I'm quite skeptical. I personally do not like the Gundam Seed models on HG due to a lot of reasons (proportion, seam lines, lots of seam lines, etc). If the HG Blue frame will "recycle" the old HG Astray designs (same mold patterns as Astray Red, Blue and Green), I certainly will NOT get this. But if they can do something as cool as the M1 Astray, I will definitely save up for one.





Next, HG 1/144 Perfect Strike Gundam.
I did say that I hate Gundam Seed on HG a while ago. Yet Bandai released another "not-so-good" kit with a couple of add-ons. Well anyways, based on the released images, I think the model was recycled. The HG 1/144 Perfect Strike package will be similar to the 1/60 Striker Weapons pack released a couple of years ago.
Should I put this on my wishlist? Based on the images, that would be a NO. I'd rather design the Perfect Strike using the Real Grade series.


MG AGE-FX!
Finally, a Master Grade treatment for the AGE-FX! Nothing to say much except that it may be the coolest Gundam in the AGE series. (for me)


MG 1/100 Aile Strike Gundam HD.
Now this...this is what I'm expecting after a series of MG models from Gundam SEED. A remake of the Strike Gundam! The prototype looks much better than the original MG with all those details similar to Buster and Duel. I just hope they will include the Striker Weapons system as well or better yet, the Perfect Strike.




MG 1/100 ReZEL Type C Defenser
My call to wait for the MG version was right. I was about to get the HG but then I decided to wait for an MG release. I never had a ReZEL before so I think this will be a good addition to my shelf. Check out those thrusters!





Last, but not the least. Number 1 on my wishlist - the MG 1/100 Tallgeese!
I've been waiting for this design for 2 years now after that horrible experience with the 1/100 HG version. (which totally sucked.) Finally the MG Wing will have a rival! (I just noticed that the thighs are quite larger than any Tallgeese versions already out.)






So there you have it. The upcoming year will be an exciting one for me (and my wallet).
Thanks for dropping by.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...