Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sneaking Mission: ToyCon 2012

The 11th Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collections Convention 2012. 11th...probably my first.
It was a Rainy Sunday morning. I was planning on sleeping all day long when I remembered that this day was the last day of the 2012 Toy convention. I immediately decided to sneak in with a few objectives in mind - hoard a couple of Gundams, take some pictures, celebrate Father's day (technically I'm not yet a father), get relaxed and have fun. I think I was able to achieve all that.

If I remember it right, I was with my girlfriend during last year's toy convention. Back then, I never had the chance to take some pictures of ladies in Cosplay. Today I had the chance, but that was not part of my objective. Instead, I went in and gather some information. Let's see what I got.
Cosplay you say... I have no idea what these ladies represent but the one on the right looked cute.
Was that yellow kid from Naruto?
Nothing to see here...
Toys!!!
I think that figure with a huge sword was from Final Fantasy X...Auron?

I always wanted to have some of these sexy figures. Maybe some time in the future I will have the budget to get some.
Aahh....Action figures....
...reminds me one of my childhood days as I stare on these toys... All of my classmates have "wrestling" and G.I.Joe toys while I have none. What a pity. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed those days.
There were a lot of stuff being sold at the ToyCon...ranging from Comic Books, collectible cards, action figures, model kits, anime costumes,..even bootleg kits!
Gundams!!! .no...wait,...
TT Hong Li!!!! Bootlegs even made it at the convention. It was very tempting to buy some bootlegs everytime I see them but I was committed to buying only original BanDai kits. I just don't like them.
This one's rare! It looked like real Shurikens..only dull and less deadly.
More action figures...
Dog tags!
It looks very cool to have a personalized dog tag especially when the material came from authentic military tags. I already have mine a few years back and I still use it.
More of these collectibles...and I have no idea who they were....


For military action figure enthusiast!!! These naked figures got a lot of articulation and suits to choose from. I think you can even customize your own soldier!
Ahhh....sexy figures!! ...gotta have some of these soon!

Interestingly, these models got really nice details...If you know what I mean.

They even have the "Pacman"!


Aside from toys, some cool artists can be found here as well. You can ask them to draw some anime artworks for a good price.

I could also do Anime artworks...however, my career ended during my college days as I shift into new hobbies. Maybe some day I will be back to draw but as long as I'm into plastic modelling, the drawing skill must wait.
Gambit....nice!
...that body...

Optimus Prime in metallic colors... Impressive details!


Jack Sparrow overseeing the event....


Comic Books!
I got some of these during my early childhood days but I never completed any series. I just love the illustrations that gave me lots of ideas when it comes to actions poses, shades, proportions... ....those days....
Godzilla!
I was about to get this monster but the price was just not right.
Race!
My father bought us one of these way back in 1990. It was a small race track that can be designed using different "street" configurations. It includes two cars, remote controls and a battery box. The one I saw here was 5x bigger. My brothers and I used to have a lot of fun playing in the race tracks. We still have this system on our archives. ....memories....





SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online.
Sounds interesting. I might as well try this at home....sounds fun!


G.I.Joe diorama!




At the far side of the toycon was a small "press con"...I have no idea what was going on but I think I heard some of the speakers sharing their passion about collecting toys...and I totally agree with them.


..."ok son...be a good boy out there.."

I said I won't be taking pictures of cosplayers...but these two were in my way so I had no choice.

...wait!
Voltes V!!! The very first mecha that I saw when I was a kid. It was a classic robot and even now, I'm still hoping for a plastic model kit.

...some cute lady...
More action figures from the "Batman" series....



Artists! I could see myself sitting in one of those chairs entertaining friends and customers....
This is probably one of the coolest figures I saw. Tony Stark!

..some real-life-sized busts...



Iron Man Mark II! check out those details!



The next classic action figure I saw...
That was Solid Snake and Grey Fox from Metal Gear Solid... pretty cool!

One of the best shops in selling collectibles!
Unfortunately, I haven't found any interesting gundam model kits to purchase....
Big Boys was also there...and I found something..
At the end of my adventure today, I took home some classic collectibles.

Wall-E - I'm planning to do a repaint job on this one (and I'm very excited).

Minions! - from the movie "Despicable Me".. I will be giving the "one-eyed" minion to an officemate as a gift....the rest will join my Gundam Army.
And speaking of Gundam model kits., here's what I got for myself.
-MG Force Impulse Gundam (from Wasabi Toys)
-MG Rick Dom (from Big Boys)

Not bad!

Overall, I think I accomplished my objectives... and more importantly, I had a great time today.

Thanks for dropping by.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...