Sunday, May 29, 2011

Original Bandai Kits...why?



It was October 2010 when I bought my first Bandai kit - 1/100 scale Gundam Dynames from Mobile Suit Gundam 00 series. I was very excited because it was one of my favourite Gundam from the show., and because my childhood dream finally came true...(1998 - "Someday I will own a Gundam...until then, I can only draw :-) )

Seven months (May 2011) and 20+ Gundam kits later, I read a news regarding the "pirated" Gundam kits made by
some cheap-ass manufacturers in China. One of them, if I remember it correctly, was called "TT Hongli". Then out of curiosity, I bought one TT Hongli Kit for comparison purposes. Being an Original Bandai kit collector, I'm interested to see what's the difference between these kits. True enough, Hongli kits SUCKS!
You may google-search why these pirated kits sucks. There were many articles out there written by my fellow collectors. Meanwhile, I will be sharing some thoughts on why you should buy Original Kits.

Some of the reasons why you should buy original model kits:

  1. Bandai kits provide top-of-the-line quality when it comes to plastic modeling. The Japanese guys are perfectionists. They see to it that their products will bring value for your money.
  1. Imitation/pirated kits made by cheap-ass companies, TT Hongli for example, may be cheaper than the original one but will not provide the same value when you purchase original kits. I’ve read complains regarding the type of material used and the assembly that usually sucks.
  1. Original kits are easy to assemble. All parts generally fit easily and will provide pleasure and excitement as you approach completion.
  1. Everytime you buy fake stuff, you support these pirates as well. In addition, you also admit to yourself that you deserve nothing but cheap-ass stuff and you don't deserve the best.
We all want nothing but the best for ourselves and this is no exception. 
Don't be a cheap-ass hobbyist. Buy only the original stuff. 

Please support Bandai by buying original kits. Enjoy Gunpla! Ow Yeah!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...