Monday, May 30, 2011

MSZ-006C1 Zeta Plus C1

MSZ-006C1 Ζ Plus C1 is a variant of the MSZ-006A1 Zeta Plus A1 designed for space combat. The unit is featured in the photo-novel Gundam Sentinel.

Zeta Plus C1
This model kit was not really intended to be part of my collection.

It was December 2010 and I was looking for a Zeta Gundam when I came across this kit. Both units can transform into its Wave Rider mode. But look at the weapons! Zeta Gundam (left) holds the standard Beam Rifle while Zeta Plus C1 (right) holds this so-called "Beam Smartgun". Looks powerful enough for me :-D. The color scheme is also different from the classic Red-White-Blue gundam.

Zeta Gundam
Zeta Plus C1

And so I bought the Zeta Plus C1 1/100 Master Grade kit.

Zeta Plus C1 Box Art
Box Cover

I did another clean straight-build and this time I applied the "shading" technique.
This was the kit where I learned to apply a Gloss coat before the application of Dry-transfer and sticker decals. Afterwards, a thin coat of Matte finish was applied to seal the decals in place and to prevent damages when shading.

Pros:
- easy to build
- sturdy and can easily stand on its own

Cons:
- too much polycaps for a Master Grade kit
- limited articulation

The finished product!

Wave Rider Mode


Ow Yeah!




0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...