Thursday, January 12, 2012

1/144 R-Gray 1 - RayStorm Model Kit - Non Gunpla

Awesome...I was not supposed to get one but I did.

I wasn't feeling good last Tuesday due to some pretty serious stuff. Everytime I needed some "comfort", I shop for model kits. Somehow, these toys kept me entertained. So I went out to my favorite hobby shop to "browse" for model kits. Yeah, just browsed through the shelves.. I have nothing in mind to look for nor any target Gundam kits since I'm saving up for the upcoming MG Heavy Arms. But then I saw a new kit...the RayStorm R-Gray1!!! ..and yes, I bought it.
I remember seeing this way back during PlayStation 1 days and I was addicted to that very short game.
This kit came in 1/144 scale..suspected small yet detailed.,and it was manufactured by Kotobukiya.,so we'll be expecting an "Armored Core" feel on the plastic.

I went home (still feeling down).,I couldn't even apply my new plans for The O,.
I decided to unbox and finish the R-Gray1 before going to bed. So here's my snapfit review.

Box designs.. there's the red "Wave Rider".,front and rear views...
1/144 scale...
...box contents and manual. The R-Gray1 has 18 runners including the Action Base. Yes, it has an action base.
Color Guide for repainting.

I have plans to make a new color scheme for the R-Gray1.
Here's the action base. Nicely done!
..look at all those details. Impressive panel lines...

Looks like I got some new ideas for panel lining.... hmmmm..
To start., I built the hmmm.,.,fuselage?
...the the pilot seat... but no pilot...
add the tip...

.,some plastic here....
.,and there...
Next.,the boosters.
make two of these...

.,and add to the fuselage...
now.,some parts where we could attach the "wings"...




.,then attach to the "fuselage" like this...




.,now we proceed to the two "binders".,.,or wings...or whatever it was called. .





one wing down! .,do the same on the other side...
.,and we're good! look at how small the R-Gray1 is...
and it looked kinda familiar.... I wonder if Strike Gundam can carry this as a replacement for the IWSP Striker pack...
Action base!
.,so far so good....

Some close up pics...
top.. (I didn't attached the cockpit "cover" yet..)




back...





Done! Overall It was a fun build...yet I was not completely happy with the scale.. It was too small for a price of a good MG Gundam...quite expensive.,yes.

And now... off to bed. ...zzz..zz.zzzzzzz

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...