Thursday, January 5, 2012

Commissioned Work 01 - Couples Gundam part 4 - Basic Dio

Almost done!

Here's a little update from my commissioned work. I prepared a little dio/base for the Strike and Couple Gundam. I used a couple of Styrofoam, plastic runners, tissue paper and glue to create something abstract. I don't even know what the heck is this. LOL! Check out the images and see for yourself.



It was primed with Gunship Gray - spray, washed with Acrylic Brown, then dry brushed with soil pigments.,..to create something like this....rocky stuff...

Anyways, here's the cool part. The Grand Slam sword!

I used a spray can to achieve this color and it wasn't so bad.
The handle was painted with enamel black (kinda rushed)...and the handle guard was painted with enamel Metallic Gray.
See that shining?

The overall finish was good. But check out that yellow masking tape. Everything was looking good so far until I removed that mask. It ruined the chrome finish and I had to repaint the whole thing.

.... *ppffffftttt*
Moving on. Here's the updated shield. with a subtle weathering effect made by dry brushing Gun Metal on the surface.

Hare's the updated Strike Gundam. The C.A. Client disapproved the previous color scheme. The client wanted a more lighter armor color and a darker internal frame.

So I had to repaint the whole Strike Gundam.

I remembered at one of MAC meetings, master Kreschenhaze mentioned a good paint remover. That was called "Windex". I was able to find one at a local hardware store and it was really good! The paint (except the primer) was dissolved in less that a minute. Leaving the primer was good as I do not want to re-prime everything.
I applied a little weathering (dry brush) to create some scratch effects on the body and on the skeleton parts.


That's all for now. My next post will be the completed work. Stay tuned!
Here's the Windex I was talking about.
So cool!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...