Monday, October 3, 2011

1/35 M10 Tank Destroyer...A Non-Gundam Attempt..


Am I tired of Gundam?

I don't think so. As I go deep into the world of plastic modeling, I will try to build different types of model kits as well. Ranging from Tanks, Battleships, Aircrafts, Cars...etc. Most of the model kits I got were categorized as Sci-fi (unrealistic for some). So this time, I went out of the Gunpla line to get something that looks "real"... something that really exists..and something new.

I chose a tank...an M10 US Tank Destroyer..1/35 scale. I'm not yet familiar with the different scales in tanks such as 1/72, 1/35, 1/16... so I took 1/35 coming from nothing...

Approximately four (4) days later, I'm done assembling the tank. It was an amazing experience indeed. Most of the parts were as little as 2mm...a test of patience...and the plastic quality was different from BanDai's Gundam... It was brittle..,but easy to cement together.

Lastly, there were many options for customization presented in the box. Tons of spare parts were available to increase your tank's details...

After a week's rest from typhoon, I took the opportunity last weekend to start painting.
Here are the images of the painting session...
...my first time using Mr Surfacer 1200 as primer..

The output was smooth!
This is the tank's body...
Chains...
Guns...
Upper Hull...


This is actually my first time in creating a rusty color. I used a mixture of Brown, Red and Yellow acrylics.
Two tracks.,one painted in rust, the other still in primer...

Painting session halted.... it's raining!
This is an image of a finished M10 Tank Destroyer...
Simple yet packed with details... I'm looking forward to finishing my first tank that would look as good as this.... (or better).

Until next time.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...