Sunday, October 2, 2011

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal - More Than Normal!


Finally I got my hands on the new Gundam in town.... the HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-1 Normal.

I read some reviews regarding the upcoming Gundam Series and most of the readers were kinda disappointed with features like Gundam design, the child pilot and other stuff...but that's them.
I'm still interested to see the new series and while waiting, I went ahead and took the latest model kit. This post will feature the snapfit and my scores for the Gundam Age-1.

Let's build!

Fresh and new look of an HG box...
There were a total of 5 runners... 3 for the Gundam, 1 for the Beam saber (pink), and one for the polycaps.
Here's another factor that got me into Gundam Age... That pose was telling me that Gundam Age has good articulation...

We'll see....
Here are the runners.. Notice the difference in design using the new gate technology... makes it easier to cut without leaving gate marks.... Also labeled by a number (previous HGs were labeled by a letter).
New gate technology was applied all over the runners! I also notice the arrangement of the parts...

The new design eliminated most of the mold lines.,.thereby reducing the time for cleaning and sanding.
I was too excited and did not managed to take pictures of each part before assembly.... I went ahead instead and here are the completed parts...

Body and backpack.... (Car spoiler?)
Arms... see the articulation! Nice!
Skirt Armor..
Underneath this parts were a new set of leg joints (not shown). No more ball joints (that limit articulation).
Head.
a pair of legs...and ankle armor.. The Thigh armor is the only place where you'll see the mold lines.
Shoes?
Here are the weapons...
- Beam Rifle
- Shield
- Beam Saber (long and short)
Extra hand...
Full assembly of leg..another good articulation...
Complete!
I tried to imitate the images in the manual...and I wasn't disappointed!




Here's what I was waiting for.
...see that?

It can even do my "Ow Yeah" victory pose! So Cool!


Pros:
- Excellent runners design
- Good parts separation (makes it easier to paint and assemble)
- New Joints for good articulation,
- Very few seam lines and mold lines.
- Well-balanced and stable - It can stand on its own even with the bankpack
- ...almost like a Real-Grade for me (just add the internal skeleton)



Cons:
- I can't see anything not good...

Overall Score: 10/10

I'll be waiting for the Gundam Age Master Grade treatment...meanwhile, I'll set this aside or maybe prepare for a painting session...(I don't have plans for customization yet)

Thank  you for viewing!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...