Monday, October 3, 2011

Project Trinity


Three Gundams in one project...

These are the Throne Gundams in Mobile Suit Gundam 00 series. Not so cool in the anime but nevertheless, I personally liked the Gundam designs so I decided to hunt them down.
Gundam Throne Drei was easy to find. Almost all hobby shop sells this kit. However, I did some research on Throne Eins and Zwei and found that these model kits were "long sold out".
I patiently waited...
Sometime during the 2011 Gundam Model Competition, I was able to buy Throne Zwei at a good price from a Forum. A couple of months later, Gundam Throne Eins and Zwei became available at the local hobby shops! I immediately took one and finally completed the collection.

Last week, when the weather kept me from painting other kits, I started snap-fitting the Throne Gundams.

Four days later, it was completed and here are the images.
Building the Throne Gundam was so easy. The only difference will be the weapons and the head.

Here's the box art...

Manual..

Body...
Eins' head...

...upper body...

skirt armor...
pair of legs...

Completed....
Weapons....



A Long GN Rifle....







The same goes for Zwei and Drei...













































I was thinking of creating my first diorama using the Throne Gundams when I found out today that one modeler already finished one...sometime in 2009.
It was so cool that I decided to keep an image of his artwork.
Here is the image. (credits to the owner)


I will make my own version as well...maybe not for the upcoming Gunpla Builders World Cup...but for pleasure.
Thank you for viewing. Until next time!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...