Thursday, October 20, 2011

1/48 RX-78-2 - The Origin Head Model...and Other Stuff On My Worktable

What's keeping me busy these days....

It's been a couple of weeks since my last update and I've been really busy doing Gunpla... believe me! Too busy to take pictures though. So today, I'd like to share what's going on under my worktable...and what's keeping me busy for the last n days.

Yesterday I bought a "little" book with a "freebie". The book....well based on the cover read something like Gundam Ace. Everything else was in Japanese so I didn't bother to see what's in it. The most interesting part was the freebie. It's a 1/48 RX-78-2 Gundam Head model from Gundam - The Origin.
Here's the Box Art of the Head model. No construction manual was included...well I guess assembly was too easy..
See?! The box was composed of only two white runners...

If you've been into building Gunpla for a number of times already, I can assure you...everything will be familiar here...especially the Head Assembly...
I decided to build the Gundam Head before I go to sleep...this shouldn't take much time...

Materials needed:
- Sandpaper
- Side cutter
- Hobby Knife
...removing all parts from runners...
...(what shall I do with these?)
To begin, I started snap fitting the face plate, the "supposed-to-be-red-chin", and the "skull".

I noticed BanDai didn't apply much of their "New Injection Technology"...Instead, they only used white-colored plastic to build everything...

On the brighter side, this will be another opportunity for some customization.,.painting stuff...
Face completed...
"sun visors" added...
V-Fin
"Helmet" applied...
...needed to remove the visors in order to insert that rectangular piece on top of the Gundam Head...


Head completed!
...attached to the bust...
The completed 1/48 RX-78-2 Gundam head...
hmmmmm.... for Beam Sabers?
...fits perfectly...

Now, I'm going to share some other kits currently on my worktable...
This is my first Military model kit.. M10 Tank Destroyer...already painted, dusted and slightly weathered..
A flat coat will be applied next to seal everything in place...and then, a custom base.,or a mini-diorama...
Next... The white colored plastics were from the 1/100 MG Unicorn Gundam..,already painted,.just waiting for some panel lines, detail painting.,decals and a nice top coat...

On top, the metallic-blue-colored mecha was from Armored Core..,That's the four-legged machine!
It was already painted using out-of-the-box colors, waiting for detail painting., panel lines and top coat...,I'll see if I could add some custom decals..
Next box...I got the first customized 1/144 Zaku - Blaze Zaku Phantom lying in the corner waiting for a display base.,.or a diorama perhaps.

Another one was the 1/100 Mg Astray Blue Frame. My 2nd MG that was acquired last year. I decided to break it down again for a nice paint job.

Lastly.,the 1/100 MG RX-78-2 one-year-war version. Also decided to give it a nice paint job using the same color scheme from my GP01.
My upcoming weekend assignment...assuming the sun will be smiling.. will be the Gundam Mark II - Titans version.
It was one of my favorite MGs due to good articulation and simple design. The "Black Gundam" was acquiring a lot of dust on top of my shelf...and it was built OOTB, with decals and a top coat....but never got painted...

Gundam Mark II deserves a nice paint job.

And I'm looking forward to a hot weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...