Monday, August 15, 2011

SD Zaku II and The Art of Doing Nothing


Once in a while we need to "disconnect" from our usual daily activities and take some time off...relax and do nothing. But then there were items I just can't leave behind.

Gunpla with goats!

It was a nice Saturday morning, my partner Gracey and I went to her province for three missions:
- A birthday party,
- close a good business deal, and
- to do nothing (this is more interesting)

We arrived late afternoon at around 4pm., had some heavy lunch and took some rest. She was sleepy and decided to lay down on a hammock while I decided to do some Gunpla. (I can't help it.)
I always bring my favorite weapon - PSP - everytime I go somewhere but for today, I decided to build an SD Zaku II instead of playing a video game. So for today's post, I'll share my adventures with the goats. :-)

This was my worktable. Nice and comfy...surrounded by goats and cows plus a nice view of the sunset.

My objective was to finish snap-fitting the Zaku before sun down.

Time: 5:15pm



On my worktable:
- a pair side cutters
- hobby knife
- SD Zaku II
- Camera


"Excuse me..."
That's me checking the manual....


Runners...only 4...
Head and mono-eye...
Head armor..



Head completed...
Next stop.,the main body.





Done!
Time check: 5:40pm and it's getting dark...


...on to the skirt armor...
Done!
Arms!



Feet!
It was really getting dark...faster that expected.., mosquitoes were everywhere.

Feet done!
Last parts., the shoulder armors..

Done!
Dark and done at last! (no weapons for now.. :-) )
I adjusted the ISO of my camera to capture a better lighting...

Time check: 6:00pm

Done for the day.

Next activity... dinner!
I had a great time in this place...
No work to think about, clean and fresh air, friendly dogs, ducks and goats., lots of food..and a quiet place to meditate and reconnect with nature...and my favorite activity - doing nothing. (exception on Gunpla)

Enjoy the rest of the images.







0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...