Saturday, May 5, 2012

WIP: 1/100 MG Destiny Gundam


The Spray booth is still out of my worktable. So I just started another snapfit-build. This time, I chose the 1/100 MG Destiny Gundam. I can't say this is one of my favorite units. I just wanted to complete the "Strike Freedom-Infinite Justice-Destiny" trio. Unfortunately, the Infinite Justice was a mess. I constructed it sometime in 2010 and the moral lesson of that build - Never ever paint the parts while still attached to the runners. The Strike Freedom was messed up as well - Never apply oil-panel wash directly to a model kit, while still attached to the runner, especially when using Tamiya Enamels (more esp. without primers). I managed to save the Strike Freedom and it is still sitting under my worktable.

A few months and more lessons later, I think I learned my lesson. This time I will be doing it right.
So...now I bring you a snapfit-build of the MG Destiny Gundam.

Here's the box art. Notice the construction manual at the back. That manual came from a bootleg Gundam I tried to experiment on last year. It was from the TT HongLi Destiny Extreme Blast/burst mode. Apparently, the original Destiny Gundam construction manual was missing!!!


I had no choice but to stick to this manual hoping every bit of detailed construction was accurate.


Three days later, I managed to complete the MG Destiny Gundam and here are the photos.



Extras include: Foil Stickers, dry transfers, and the pilot figures.

...extra manipulators,

and Beam saber effects..








Totally better than TT Hong Li. I'm glad I already threw that away.
That's all for today. Thanks for viewing.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...