Saturday, May 19, 2012

WIP: RG 1/144 Gundam Mark II - Internal Frame


This is madness! Real Grade Madness!
As soon as I got my hands on this cool Gundam kit, I immediately cleared my worktable, set aside all of my model kits and started working on the Gundam Mark II. I heard based on some reviews that the construction of the Mark II was "the BOMB". Indeed it was THE BOMB! So let's get started. For today's update, I'm going to build the internal frame used by the Mark II.


As you can see at the back of the construction manual, there will be plenty of markings but I won't be using these stickers as I prefer the water slides.
This is the runner for the internal frame. Bandai did an excellent job here. As you can see, the frame was injected in two colors. Genius!

Plenty of marking stickers. Some of you may ask what type of decals are these. For everyone's information, these are sticker-type decals. One of the easiest to recognize indicated by the "green" paper. To use these, just simply transfer the sticker onto your model kit. ...(which I'll never do ever again)

The construction of the Gundam Mark II was illustrated on a different style. This time, you will be instructed to build the internal frame first. And that's how I did it starting with the feet.


..legs...










zzz.zzz....zzzz
The skirt armor...
Lower body completed. Sexy!
Arms..


Core. The red sphere is where the pilot should sit. (But I don't see any pilot in the runners)


Upper and lower body.

Construction complete!


There you have the Gundam Mark II internal frame! Pretty simple, eh?

Next update will be the addition of the Armours, weaponry and everything else.


By the way, can somebody tell me what's this for? I found this piece of paper included in the Mark II box...looks like a campaign-thingy or something.

Thanks for dropping by.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...