Wednesday, May 9, 2012

HobbyOwYeah - Custom Spraybooth

I’ve finally created my very own custom spray booth. Using a couple of cheap materials, I was able to design a very simple spray booth – and finally I can start/continue learning painting using my airbrush.

Materials used:

1. iBox (or any similar plastic container


2. Exhaust Fan (Be sure to check the specs of the fan as sometimes it may ignite the flammable fumes coming from the paint)


3. Switch

4. Electrical wire and plug

5. Washing machine hose

6. PET bottle

The assembly is pretty straightforward. First, I setup the wiring system by connecting the plug and cord and placing them on top of the container.

Cut a square hole at the back of the plastic container just big enough to fit the exhaust fan assembly.

Setup the proper exhaust position. I chose to keep the exhaust vent in upward position.

Connect the power cables to the exhaust fan.

Place the top of the PET bottle as a coupler on the exhaust vent.





Seal it with masking tape.





And there you have it. A simple custom spray booth!



Simple and cost efficient. Total amount was less than Php 2,000.00.

Thanks for dropping by. Have a nice day.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...