Monday, July 18, 2011

Zaku Phantom Project: Part 1 - Snap fit


More than meets the mono-eye...

After a month of "fixing-and-finishing" my Gundam 00 collection, I can finally rest and move on to other exciting projects. :-)

I was scouting and doing research last week for more Gundam stuff when I came into DC23's blog. What did I saw? Nothing.... nothing but jaw-dropping, stunning and amazing model kits fully customized, fully detailed and packed with cool action bases...men, I've never seen anything like it before.
I absorbed much information as I could before info-overload took my head. I went home afterwards to set a new goal.

For this month I'll be upgrading my Gundam plastic modelling skills to a higher level. Thanks to DC23's tips.
I'll be adding the following items to my basic arsenal (cement, paint and brush):
- Air Brush
- Bosny paint and primer
- custom metal parts (verniers, thrusters, metal pins.,and the like)
- plastic plates and beams
- Scribing tool (for additional panel lines)
- pin vise/drill
- Pledge Wipe and Shine (used on floors...yes, that's it)

I should be able to acquire the items on my quest list within a week or so but for the meantime., I'm going to build a guinea pig... I chose the Blaze Zaku Phantom. I got this Zaku for only Php 400. :-) totally discounted price from TK (rare sale).


Box Cover.

A mobile suit used by Dearka Elthman in Gundam Seed Destiny.
Manual and contents...
(I was watching Transformers: The Movie as I unpack the Zaku..)
Runners...
I always start off with the chest..



some armor pieces for the front...and it's done..
Head parts., with the pinkish sticker for the mono-eye.., I was thinking of replacing the sticker with an LED...for now.,let's use the sticker-eye.
Done.
completed head and upper body...
some armor pieces for a shoulder joint.

forearms..
two arms.,

Shoes..I mean.,feet.
Thigh...
more leg armor pieces...
a Leg...

(Transformers movie was done.... Let's see more metals... how about Terminator: Salvation!)
Two Legs...
Skirt Armor.
More skirt armor...
...almost done!




Weapons!! A basic Zaku rifle...

Shield... I noticed the spikes.. and thought of modifying/replacing it with a metal spike....

Flat saucers.. I think these were the ammo reserves for the rifle..
Attached the sheild to the shoulder.... nice :-)

(fellow Gundam from Gundam Seed series in the background)
Manipulators...
Bandai provided four manipulators! Cool!

Backpack.

(Terminator Salvation was done... let's see some war-like movie.... Green Zone)



..these things reminded me of Tallgeese's back boosters...

The completed backpack..
And we're done!

Here's the completed figure...front side..
back....


Weapons up!


Snap fitting was completed. I'm going to tear this Zaku apart for some minor customization.

What I'll do next:
- I'll be adding some details (holes and armor plates,.,maybe some wires...)









Feel free to share your techniques and suggestions.
Thanks for dropping by! 'Til my next post.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...