Sunday, July 10, 2011

Side quest: Gundam Detailing Contest - 1st attempt


I went out last Saturday, July 9, 2011 on a side quest - To claim the Gundam Throne Zwei (at a good price) from a buyer - when I accidentally passed by an on-going contest, "Gundam Detailing Contest" in front of Toy Kingdom, Megamall...I thought the event will be on Sundays...
To kill some time, I decided to join. It is basically a simple detailing contest where you'll be given a Gundam model kit, a side cutter and a Gundam Marker. You'll build the Gundam, add details to it using the marker, and submit before the deadline - 6pm. After that, judges will choose who's the winning model.

They gave us an SD Astray Red Frame. Cute!!

*I'm not aware of the categories for judging.*

Anyways, let's start!

...assembled the body along with the backpack.
...added some stickers for the eye...

Here's the assembled head and body.
..a right arm..
Left arm is next...
This is the skirt armor with 3 red stickers on it.
The feet.. I already added some panel lines using the Gundam Marker.

40 minutes later, I'm done!



The Red [Frame] Army.
Here's my finished kit numbered 30.,not much design, just basic build with panel lines and "Hobby Ow Yeah!" on the shoulder armors. :-)

Meanwhile...

Strike Gundam was watching all of us..
Eyes on the prize.,each bag contains ...hmmm maybe  another Gundam model kit..1/144 scale perhaps.

I finally took a photo of this customized 1/60 scale Exia.,very nice!

6:00PM...awarding... and mine was not chosen., :-)


Congratulations to the winners!

"I'll be back." (Terminator voice)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...