Monday, July 11, 2011

Gundam Detailing Contest: 2nd attempt and a Victory!


Sunday's Main quest - Gundam detailing contest with my brothers.
Armed with 3 cotton buds, we went out to join the Gundam Detailing contest. First time for my brothers, payback time for me.

Guess what... It's another SD Astray Red Frame! Coolness!
We started building at 11am and we needed to submit our entries by 2pm (before the Transformers 3D movie starts).

4 runners, a Gundam Marker, side cutter, manual, and cotton bud #1.
The completed Torso..no details.
...attached the front armor and added some panel lines.,
Two beam sabers..
Backpack.
The Head and Helmet (armor).

The completed head. I trimmed the V-fins to make it look sharper. I also added panel lines which were a little heavy. This is where the cotton bud does the cleaning.

Right Arm.




Left and Right arm with details.
Skirt Armor - front.
Skirt armor - back.
Two legs. You'll notice that the legs were designed with no joints on the knees...hmmmm
The completed lower body.
All parts completed.

Now it is time to add some details.
BAM!

Cotton bud # 2 was used to smudge the thick panel line to create a grayish tone.,followed by a black ink for the "Dark Flame" design.

I saw this design last night while I was dreaming... I thought I could use it here.. :-)


The time was 2pm and my brothers weren't finished yet.
I submitted my entry. It was given a number 12.
That was mine.
Top view.
Ben - adding some more details.
Mike - creating a gradient effect.















After the submission of our entries, we went to see Transformers 3D movie and returned to the event at around 5pm.
And while waiting, we took some pictures....

My Brother Ben, aiming to get the First Prize.
The Red Army
Ben was the one who took this shot.
The Red Frame in the middle was Ben's creation.
We saw this SD RX-78-2 displayed at the exhibit...nicely done!
That's me.
Ben.
Mike.


















Moments later, it's time to select the winners.,. and.... hey, check that out!
It's my gundam!!


Selection of finalists., My gundam was standing next to Mike's Red Frame - the one with the gradient shield.
My Red Frame was selected winning the 2nd prize.















Great Success!

First prize was won by a "Clean detail".
3rd prize...you can see a custom Action base created out of spare runners and polycaps..,very creative!
And my creation. Dark Flame Red Frame...
Winners.
Some photoshoot.. from left to right:
- Judge
- 3rd place
- 1st place
- 2nd place (me)
- Toy kingdom guy
Me and my allies.
Ow yeah!




















I went home with my allies and took some more photos of our victory.
Please click on the images for a larger view.
The loot bag contains:

A 2001 1/144 Z'Gok...Char's Z'Gok!!! nice! and ....
2 BAKUC CDs containing the basic tips for building your model kits...

"It's so cool..."
"Impressive..."










Congratulations to all the participants. We'll be back for sure.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...