Sunday, July 3, 2011

MG Gundam Epyon - First look!


I finally got my hands on this kit. Let's have a look on what's inside.

Box Art.


The manual is very similar in design with the MG Deathscythe Hell.
What else is inside?
...Some text in Japanese (which I don't understand for now)... It says something about the encounters of the Gundam Epyon in the original Gundam Wing tv series... (or something like that) :-D
Color Guide..provided for those who planned to "re-paint" this monster.

I'd like to keep the some of the colors esp. the red.
Lots of decals.. a typical MG kit. It has a Dry Transfer-decal (white sheet), stickers sheet (green) and some foil stickers.

I'll be looking for the Water slide decals though...
A close up look at the foil sticker.
Based on my MG experience and without looking at the manual, I think I can tell where exactly to use these pieces.
Two Large green stickers for the feet (that looks like dragon heads), one round sticker for the body, small green stickers for the head and the classic Gundam eyes.
Two pairs of runners...and I think this one's for the Wings!
Runners for the internal frame/skeleton. Amazing details... but I didn't like the color so I'm going to change it into something more metallic.. (metallic gray or Gun Metal will do)..
There's the Beam Saber effect...it is huge! ....

And.... what is this I see?
Oh My!! The classic manipulators from Gundam Wing! The same hands that were used in Wing Zero and Deathscythe Hell.... This is what I don't like about Gundam Wing kits as it can barely hold the weapons... minus points for Bandai :-P
Polycaps.. Just as expected from an MG., few polycaps yet good articulation. Nice!
This one's for the weapons and skirt armor...the red polycaps at the lower right could be the one used at the shield (with tails).
Some more red armor pieces...and a Black wire.. to be used as an "attachment" for the Beam Saber. I think that's quite thick and stiff...
The armor pieces for the tail (on the shield).. I don't know how to call that part..the manual says "shield"...

and lastly.. The pilot!
It's definitely one cool kit from Gundam Wing series.. But..I won't be building the Epyon for now. (I'm not finished with my Gundam 00 kits yet...and the day of the tournament is closing in.)

My Overall Score: 9/10

I'll put this under my worktable...for now :-)

Gundam Wing fanatics! This box is for you! Grab one now!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...